Kyoto Temple, Shrine, Geiko & Sake
- 11:00am ~ 7:00pm
- Full Day Tour
I pick you up at your Hotel at noon and we head to my favorite Zen Temple where I will take you through and up into the main SANMON gate. We will then walk through the Temple grounds, offer incense for loved ones passed on and then through an aqueduct to a secluded waterfall where people have practiced ‘Misogi’, a Japanese Shinto practice of ritual purification, for over 800 years. A National Historical Site.
We then head to a famous 1,200 year old temple that shines in orange. We will meet the guardians at the gate and will enter a dark, underground passage to cut our ties to fears we have and offer prayer. Once we enter the main hall, you will ring bell to alert the gods you are there and offer prayer.
We will walk the grounds and view Kyoto from the mountain. Great picture taking opportunities. I will introduce you to Jizo, the keeper of lost babies and children. We will end up at a small waterfall split into three cascades of Love, Health and Wisdom. You get to pick one to drink from.
From there we walk to a beautiful 5 story pagoda but not after traversing a shopping street and then head on to the famous Geisha Gion District. Here I will give you time to explore Shoji Street which is filled with literally hundreds of shops, Yasui Shrine, Yasaka Shrine and then we will meet back and explore the Gion District during the early evening hours. We will also end the early evening by having a little sake to top the evening off.
- Interpretive Guide & Translation for 8 hours
- 4 Temple/Shrine Tour: Nanzenji Temple, Kiyomizudera Temple, Yasui and Yasaka Shrines
- Early Evening Gion District Tour
- All Fees for Temple and Shrine entrances, fees for making offerings, food tasting one item and bottled water.
- Transportation by vehicle between spots (no train or bus riding/takes too much time from the tour)
- Japanese Lunch (Up to ￥1,000 per person)
- Sake drink at end of tour
¥18,000 per person (tax included)